I realize that the start of the Bavarian school holidays doesn’t signal the beginning of summer holidays for the rest of the world, yet is a gentle reminder that the holiday season (whenever you take it) is a great time to recharge, renew and refresh your personal and professional agenda. A good summer read aboard your stately yacht or even in your backyard hammock is an excellent way to shift out of the everyday routine of doing things to gain a new idea, insight or tool.
Below are books that I’ve recently read that are worth recommending to you. Here’s your D.S.R.R (Dan’s Summer Reading Recommendations), and not in any particular order:
- Originals by Adam Grant
- Process Consulting by Alan Weiss
- To Sell is Human by Dan Pink
- The Attacker’s Advantage by Ram Charan
- Good Strategy & Bad Strategy by Richard Rumelt
- Revenue Growth Habits by Alan Goldfayn
- Triggers by Marshall Goldsmith
- The Rise by Sarah Lewis
- Elon Musk, How the Billionare CEO of Space X and Tesla is Shaping Our Future by Ashlee Vance
Some of these books are recently published, a few have been out for a while and they all provided me with a tool or insight that helped me grow as a person and as a professional.
Enjoy your summer, don’t get too much sun and good reading to you!
Old Man in the Hammock Photo Image from Alamy-ajammc.