To get an idea of how strategic you are, rate yourself on the following statements.
Here are the second set of questions, 9 through 17, of the 25 questions with a maximum score of 100 points.
The purpose of the strategic fitness review is not to get a perfect score but to identify areas of development so that you can grow as a strategic leader.
Use the following scale: 4/Usually, 3/Often, 2/Sometimes, 1/Rarely & 0/Never
- I lead my team(s) in a way that addresses both personal and organizational aspects of change.
- I have a clear framework from which I can review my leadership approach & performance.
- I strategize about what the future may look like and visualize how our business could address the opportunities and challenges at these future points.
- People comment to me that they can recognize the purpose in the strategy that I am leading.
- I share with those around me how our company or functional strategy serves and creates value for our customers.
- Our leadership team members explain our strategy in a similar way – thus giving those in our business unit the impression that we speak with one strategic voice.
- I serve as a strategic mentor for emerging talents in our organization and in other situations outside of our company.
- I take the time to give people timely feedback, even when it might be critical feedback.
Part III to follow tomorrow.
Image by Kyler Boone on Unsplash