Do not let virtual meetings get the best of you.
Here are six ideas to bring more zest to your zoom meetings:
- Open the “digital doors” to your virtual meetings 10 minutes early. This gives everyone the opportunity to check their sound and image quality, so you are ready to start on the hour.
- Make mandatory finish times for all virtual meetings 15 minutes before the hour. You do not need to end on the hour.
- Build in a bio break every 90 minutes. Let people refresh themselves.
- Include as least one breakout session every 90 minutes. Get people working on some topics in small groups.
- Recognize the best question and the best challenge at every virtual meeting. Good questions lift everyone’s thinking and a good challenge is fundamental to high performance.
- Last, but not least, take five minutes at the end of every virtual meeting for a short reflection round to see how you can improve something for the next meeting together.
How are you putting zest (and results) into your virtual meetings?
Photo from Shutterstock 287354987, by Otmar @ Lichtmeister.com